|All news media information, news releases and inquiries should be directed to the Media Department:
Bassett & Bassett, Inc.
Communication Managers and Counselors
1400 First National Building
600 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226-3581
(313) 965-3016 Fax
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) recognizes its responsibility to maintain the public records of WCCCD and make them available to the public, as requested and, as required by The Michigan Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) [July 1, 2015].
Internet Publishing staff place comprehensive information about the Wayne County Community College District at the fingertips of students, the general public, the business community, governmental agencies, WCCCD friends and donors, and many other people who conduct research online about the District. This area represents a key marketing tool for the District to both internal and external audiences.
Staff play a critical role in providing access to current and future students who want to enroll online, coordinate class schedules, check assignments and take online courses; they also can obtain news and calendar information that helps enhance student life and class work.
We are responsible for the following on the District’s internal and external websites:
- Editorial Style and Direction
- Web Content Management
The District website www.wcccd.edu, is the hub of our integrated marketing efforts.
- Market and cross-sell the District’s more than 90 credit, noncredit programs and certificates.
- Reduce expenses by increasing the number of students who apply and register online for classes.
- Provide easy access to the District’s online student services.
- Reduce the workload on front-line District personnel by providing critical, easily accessible, self-service information for students online.
- Comply with all local, state and federal policies and regulations related to online communications.