|Many of our students currently benefit from the following state programs:
Michigan Competitive Scholarships (MCS)
This competitive scholarship is awarded to students who:
- Meet the established ACT score;
- Demonstrates a financial need;
- Enroll in a public Michigan college or university on at least half-time basis; and
- Document their Michigan residency.
Gear Up Michigan! Scholarship
This state grant targets three urban public school systems: Detroit, Flint and Muskegon. Low-income middle school students from these districts are identified as recipients.
Tuition Incentive Program (TIP)
The eligibility criteria stipulate that a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted alien with a permanent status;
- Be a Michigan resident;
- Apply prior to high school graduation or GED completion; and
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
The department of Human Services determines eligibility based on the receipt of Medicaid for 24 months prior to TIP application. See your campus financial aid officer for additional information.