As a recipient of financial aid, I understand my rights and responsibilities are as follows:
1. I must be at least a full-time student (12 or more credit hours) to be eligible for the full amount of Pell awarded. If I drop below full-time status, my award will be reduced, or in some cases eliminated. I must enroll in six credit hours to receive the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Direct Loan, Iraq Afghanistan Service Grant or Tuition Incentive Program (TIP).
2. It is my responsibility to report any changes in income or assets, which may result in an adjustment of my financial need.
3. I am not eligible for this award if I am in default on a Perkins, or Stafford loan. I am not eligible for this award if I owe a repayment on a federal grant.
4. I must comply with the standards of satisfactory academic progress to be eligible for this award. Detailed information on the policy and appeals process is available on the financial aid website at www.wcccd.edu.
5. In order to receive any work-study funds, I must be enrolled in at least six credit hours and then secure employment through the Office of International Programs and Global Partnerships.
6. I must be pursuing a degree or certificate in an eligible program of study to receive any financial aid funds.
7. The District Financial Aid Office has the right to review, adjust or cancel the financial aid award at any time due to notification from the U.S. Department of Education, a change in the student’s FAFSA, financial, marital or academic status, or because of adjustments (changes) in federal or state regulations, funding or computational errors. Students may accept any number of awards or other financial assistance from public or private sources or both. However, the total assistance may not exceed the cost of attendance.
8. I have the right to obtain information regarding financial aid programs through WCCCD and may discuss my award and related information with appropriate college financial aid staff.
9. I may file an appeal regarding my aid award or denial of aid based upon extenuating circumstances or new information that I provide. In responding to my appeal, the financial aid office must comply with all state and federal laws. All appeals MUST be in writing to the financial aid office.
10. Financial aid is not automatically renewed for the next year. I must apply with the U.S. Department of Education, complete the required forms in a timely manner, and maintain satisfactory academic progress for continued eligibility.
11. It is my responsibility to complete all classes for which I registered. If I fail to complete, my financial aid award will be recalculated which may result in the reduction or loss of any financial aid awarded to me.
12. It is my responsibility to monitor my student email, Web Gate messages and other Web Gate information to remain current on all Financial Aid information. I understand the all formal communication from WCCCD will be delivered to my WCCCD email account.
13. If I received student loans, it is my responsibility to update my contact information with WCCCD and my loan servicers until my loans are paid in full.