Wayne County Community College District
Third Party/Sponsor Procedures for Credit Courses
WCCCD student's accounts may be billed to a third party, sponsor, company or organization so that this entity may be invoiced for all, or part, of the sponsored student costs at WCCCD.
The third party, or sponsor organization must be pre-authorized by the WCCCD Bursar's Office.
Terms and Conditions:
The Third Party Authorization submitted by the third party initiates the billing process. The billing authorization should include:
- Percentage and/or amount of costs covered by the third party
- Type(s) of charges covered, e.g. tuition, mandatory fees, etc.
- Any restrictions or sponsorship limits
- Length of time sponsorship is in effect
- Billing address, contact name and phone number
Third Party/Sponsor agreements must not be contingent upon the student's grades. WCCCD will not accept letters if payment is dependent on the student's passing grade.
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the student must authorize the college to release specific information from their educational record to their employer. The student must either list specific authorization on the letter or on a separate form along with their signature, date, and printed name and WCCCD identification number.
Third Party Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if the sponsor wants to send a check or pay by credit card? If so, you must choose payment method "cash, check, credit card." Full payment must reach WCCCD by the published due date.
- Does the sponsor wish to pay ONLY after you have completed the course? In this case, the student must pay in full or enroll in the Deferred Tuition Payment Plan (check online for enrollment deadlines) by the DUE DATE. Agencies or organizations requiring course completion or proof of grades before they authorize payment are considered tuition reimbursement programs, and not third party.
- Does the sponsor want WCCCD to send them an invoice? If the sponsor would like to be invoiced by WCCCD, they must submit an original document on company letterhead that includes: student's name, semester authorized, what is being paid (i.e. tuition, books or supplies, including limits), and the exact billing address. The letter must have a contact name and telephone number along with an authorized third party (employer) signature, date, and printed name and title. The Finance Division will be the sole judge of the authenticity of the letter. To avoid late fees, the student is responsible for paying any difference not covered by the authorization and for paying if the third party does not pay at the time of registration.
- When will the third party/sponsor be invoiced? WCCCD will invoice the third party/sponsor within 6 weeks after the semester starts for each sponsored student's approved fees based on the student's residency.
- How much time does my employer have to pay the invoice before I could be penalized? In order for the student to avoid penalty, the third party/sponsor MUST pay the invoice by the published due date.
- What fees are the students responsible for? The student is responsible for any fees not covered by the third party/sponsor.