Student Rights and Responsibilities
The conduct of every student should reflect well on the institution and in no case should include conduct prohibited by policy. Conduct shall be deemed detrimental to the college community if:
- It results in injury, damage, or loss to students, faculty, or administrative personnel of the college, or to buildings, structures, or other property under college control, or
- It hinders the District in the discharge of its basic responsibilities to maintain an orderly educational atmosphere and to function without interruption as an institution of higher learning, or
- It consists of any act or acts prohibited under municipal, state, or federal law, committed on the premises controlled or owned by the college, or
- Students fail to maintain a current official mailing address in the office of admissions and records or give a false address.
2. Interference with Persons and Facilities
No student shall deliberately obstruct or restrain the lawful movement of another member of the college community.
No student shall deliberately obstruct or cause to be obstructed access to or egress from District buildings or structures, nor shall any student deliberately obstruct or interfere with the approved, scheduled uses of such buildings.
3. Personal Abuse
No student shall deliberately injure, threaten, or degrade a member of the college community.
4. Use and Possession of Alcoholic Beverages
No student shall possess or consume alcoholic beverages on district/campus property owned and/or leased by the college.
5. Use, Possession, or Sale of Drugs
No student shall posses, use, sell, or distribute any quantity, whether usable or not, of any drug, narcotic or controlled substance as defined in the Michigan Controlled Substance Act.
6. Use and Possession of Weapons and Explosives
No student shall possess or use any firearm, ammunition, drug paraphernalia, or illegal weapon on district/campus property except as a duly authorized law enforcement officer or for legitimate classroom instruction.
7. Misuse of District/Campus Documents
No student shall forge, alter, or misuse college/campus documents, forms, records, or identification cards.
8. Soliciting, Selling, Publicizing
No student shall engage in the business of soliciting or selling any services, activities, or goods, or make contracts for the delivery thereof, or sell or offer for sale tickets for goods, activities, or services, or solicit for any purpose whatsoever in facilities owned or under the control of the District without written permission from the Vice Chancellor for Student Services and/or the Administrator in charge of the specific campus.
No student shall erect or otherwise display any sign or poster in building or property owned or under the control of the District that advertises or otherwise calls attention to any product, service or activity without the permission of the Vice Chancellor for Student Services or the Administrator in charge of the specific campus.
9. Use of College Name
No student shall use the District name without express written authorization from the Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services except to identify affiliation with the college. District approval or disapproval of any program, project, policy, or position may not be stated or implied by any student/person without written authorization form the chancellor of the Districts.
For additional information refer to the WCCCD student handbook.