WCCCD       Home
One Vision, One District, One College Apply
Campuses Downriver Campus Downtown Campus Eastern Campus Northwest Campus Ted Scott Campus Mary Ellen Stempfle University Center


Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is Dual Enrollment?
A: Dual Enrollment is an opportunity for eligible high school students to earn college credit during regular school hours at their high school. Dual enrollment courses allow students to earn both high school and college credit for the same class. The credit earned may be used to complete an Associate’s degree as well as a Bachelor’s degree at a transfer university (depending on the receiving institution’s requirements).

What is the difference between Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement?

  • Dual Enrollment courses allow students to receive a grade and credit for the work performed throughout the school year. These credits may transfer to the student’s college of choice as direct course equivalents (verify with your university and/or community college major of study).   Review the MACROA agreement to see how community college courses transfer to other Michigan universities. If you are planning to attend an out-of-state university, check with that institution to see how credits will transfer.
  • Advanced Placement classes prepare students to pass the AP test to earn college credit. Credit is awarded solely on the student’s performance on this one exam, and may transfer to colleges as an elective or required credit based on the student’s program of study and the college/university the student plans on attending.

Who Can Participate in Dual Enrollment?
Dual enrollment is open to high school juniors and seniors, and in some instances underclassmen may be eligible to enroll. 

How do I enroll?
Your high school will distribute a Dual Enrollment packet containing all of the information needed for dual enrollment, including applying for admissions, testing requirements and class registration. Once completed, the registration form must be signed and submitted through the high school contact.

What happens if I don’t pay my tuition?
You may be dropped from your class with a debt still owed to the college and you will receive a grade of “WI” on your permanent college transcripts if you do not drop before the 100% refund date.

What if I change my mind about taking classes?
It is your responsibility, not your instructor’s, to officially withdraw from your classes. You will need to contact your college dual enrollment office and complete a drop/add slip. If you withdraw after the 100% refund date, you will still be responsible for paying your tuition. NOTE: Notifying your instructor that you no longer want to take the course for dual credit is not officially withdrawing from the course.

How do I send my transcripts to another college?

  • Go to the  Webgate
  • Click on login, and then use your "A" number and password to log in.
  • In the Academics section of your Student Center, click on the white drop-down menu.
  • Select Official Transcript or Unofficial Transcript; click the arrow.
  • Follow the directions on screen to complete the process.
  • Transcripts within the Wayne County Community College District are free; transcripts sent outside the Community College District cost $5 each.



Learning Resource Center
Honors Program
Student Success Center
Study Abroad
Copyright ©2008-2024 Wayne County Community College District | 801 W. Fort Street, Detroit, MI 48226 |  CONTACT US